Tuesday 11 December 2012

My Bookish Review: Opal

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: 11th December 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Series: Lux #3
Pages: 452


No one is like Daemon Black.


When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


I actually didn't know this was published until my friend sent me text saying so - it got released as an eBook on 3rd December. 

I was pretty shocked at the end of Onyx. And frustrated. However, luckily for me, I didn't have to wait long until the next book, but I feel for those who do. This series is so original. I was a bit put off by the fact that its about aliens, but I don't even notice that anymore. 

This installment in the series focuses quite a lot on Katy and Daemon. The characters are what makes it so engaging. Katy's the kind of person I know that if we met in real life, (that is, if she were real) we'd get along well... and how can you not like Daemon? I have to admit that Daemon's sister Dee, got on my nerves a little bit. If you've read Onyx, you might be able to understand why. 

Reading Opal, it's impossible to say some things won't shock you. A few new characters were introduced, and we discover a different side to some well-known ones...

Now this brings me onto the plot. Honestly, most of the time it was kind of just Katy and Daemon making out. Not that that wasn't good to read, but at times it did get kind of predictable. Especially because Armentrout writes them all in the same way. With all that aside though, about 60% of it focuses on trying to save Beth and ways to do so. Not bad in my opinion.

I love the whole idea of Lux. It's probably pretty high on my list of favourite series'. The ending to Opal nearly gave me heart attack. I could've died. Or killed someone. Jennifer L. Armentrout really does know how to create a cliffhanger ending. So if you're planning to read this book, DO NOT READ THE LAST LINE BEFORE STARTING THE BOOK. Or anytime during the book, for that matter. I'm guilty of doing so with practically every book I read, but I managed to contain myself this one time. It was worth it. 

5/5 Stars - I'll give it 5 stars for the killer ending. 

Teaser Quote:
"It sucked - sucked more than people who pirated books, sucked more than waiting a year for the next book in a beloved series, and sucked more than a brutal cliffhanger ending."

AmazonAmazon UK | Goodreads | Author's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I read each one.
Thank you :)