Friday 14 December 2012

My Bookish Review: Deity

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Published: 6th November 2012 
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Series: Covenant #3
Pages: 330

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...


After finishing this book, the only thing that kept me going was the fact that there's also a novella in the Covenant series. Once again, I have to commend Jennifer L. Armentrout on her ending. 

People who've read Pure will know what a cliffhanger it ended on. The lives of Alex, Aiden and Seth all depend on a secret.

I remember reading through Half-Blood and Pure and nearly throwing the book across my room. Obviously I didn't, because I was reading it on Kindle, and I was not going to injure my precious Kindle. The cause of my frustration was Alex and Aiden - they're perfect for each other. So why weren't they together already? For me, one of the most aggravating parts of a book are when the two main characters aren't admitting their love for one another. We all know they love each other and they know they love each other and most of the characters in the book know they love each other. But what are they doing about it? Nothing.

Luckily for all those Alex and Aiden shippers out there - like me - something does happen - yay! So, you know. If you're reading the book and feel lost and don't think it's grabbing your interest, you have something to look forward to.

Yup, I know. What about Seth? Well. Ever since I started Covenant, I've never really liked him. Even if I have, it's only because I've felt sorry for him. In Deity... not so much. Just keep your eyes open... that's all I can say...

We all know that Alex's Apollyon time is nearing - the time when she'll Awaken. I can tell you that we do get far enough to reach that point, but I'm not going to reveal her reaction. It ends at a cliffhanger, and it's something I'm really looking forward to in the next book, Apollyon. Thing is, it's being released in April 2013. Sigh.

You can read my review for the previous two books, Half-Blood and Pure. 

5/5 Stars - This series is doing bad, bad things to my bookish thoughts. In a good way.

Teaser Quote:
“Gods, it was a messed up day when I was the voice of reason.” 
Amazon | Amazon UK | Goodreads | Author's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I read each one.
Thank you :)