Tuesday 13 November 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Books I'd Want On A Deserted Island

My first ever book meme! I decided to go with Top Ten Tuesday as it's one of my favorites.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

In no particular order...

1. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
No - it's not what you think. I'm not a Twilight fan. I've read the books and liked them, so decided to give The Host a go. And I loved it. I'm not a fan of sci-fi romance, but I had to re-think that after finishing the book. It was such an original idea, with characters I couldn't help but fall in love with. The cover is just amazing and the books are quite lengthy, so I's be entertained while on some island.

2. Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling
I love, love, LOVE this book! I'm emotionally attached to the whole series, but this is a book that I've loved the most. If I was stranded on an island, I'd need this book to be with me. Wouldn't let it out of my sight.

3. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead.
I'm a huge Sydrian fan - who doesn't like Adrian? Plus, I'd love to be as clever as Sydney one day. Currently eagerly awaiting The Indigo Spell.

4. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Unearthly!!! It's one of the best books ever! Well, one of the best books from the YA genre. I definitely have a fictional crush on Tucker. I'd need him to keep me company during the long days on the island.

5.  The Mediator by Meg Cabot
Not many people know this book. It's an amazing, yet underrated, series. Only downside I can find it that it's really short, like 200 pages. It's the first book I properly read and loved... I think I was about 10 at the time.

6. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
I know, I know. Most of you are properly thinking what that is doing on my list. While I haven't read this book myself, I've heard great things - apparently it's one of those books that make you think, and I know it's not the books I normally go for, I'm willing to broaden my horizons. Considering the fact that I'd be pretty bored on an island, reading this for the first time should take up quite a few hours.

7. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Everybody loves a bit of Sophie Kinsella every now and then. I know I do. If you haven't read a book by her before, I deeply recommend it. Although it's an adult book, there aren't any graphic sex scenes or anything along those lines. If I was stuck on an island, I'd be pretty depressed; this book may be the only thing able to cheer me up.

8. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling
I'm a pretty big Potterhead, so of course Harry Potter has to be on the list.

9. Night World Volume 3 by L.J Smith
NIGHT WORLD! Not going anywhere without this. My favourite series by my favourite author.

10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
If I'm going to be stranded for an island, for god-knows-how-long, I might as well read something with a few  tips and tricks on how to survive out in the wilderness. I'll probably just end up pretending that I'm Katniss.

So that's it for now. What do you think? Any you strongly agree or disagree with? Feel free to leave a comment - it will be much appreciated. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I read each one.
Thank you :)